Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Bids me come and die, and find that I May Truly Live.

O the wonderful Cross, Oh the wonderful Cross,

Bids me come and die, And find that I may truly live.

The line above is taken from the chorus of the song "O The Wonderful Cross". I've known and sang this song for quite some time, ever since I come to church, but I've never really understand it until these recent few months.

A couple of months back, God allowed something that I don't wish it to happen, happened to me.  During that moment of time, my heart was really really torn down and tears flow like streams of river down my cheek. However looking back from now, I'm glad it happened.

When I was heartbroken, and knowing that there's nothing I can do, I loosen up my grip on everything in life and gave God total authority in my life, knowing that God is sovereign, and believing in His promises and love. There's this joy in my heart.

so, what about it?

When it was few months back, I find myself helpless and I just had enough of it that it's breaking me in two, it's then that I really really gave my broken heart to Jesus, truly let go of everything, even my life, to Jesus, it's then that I find the meaning to life, joy and peace in my heart, I find life, life that flows from God.

Phillipians 1:21, Paul says that "for me, to live is Christ, to die is gain." When living becomes a life that is lived for Christ, and when you value Christ more than everything including your own life, that you're willing to sacrifice even your own life for Him, It's then you find that you may truly live.

It may sound strange, but note that it's true. A mystery.

Knowing that Jesus had compassion on me, gave me grace and mercy, died the cruel death that I should had on the cross for me, loving me and wants me to see His glory and delight in Him and me knowing that I'm a wretch that don't deserve these at all, makes my heart so thankful of that and I just want to love God fully and give Him everything that I can, acknowledging that He's my God, King and Lord, Savior and Redeemer, The Treasure of my life.

As I told you before in the previous post, The World is like the broken cistern, and God is the Fount of Living Water, It's when you turn to Him that you may find your thirst quenched. The World is dead, and life flows from God,

It's when you are so captured by the Cross and you truly gave everything to God that you may find that you may truly live.

1 comment:

tim said...

its true, its true...

the tears were more like waterfalls! :P